Sunday, August 19, 2012

Retiring Forever



Phil and me 7/31/12. What a great mentor
and friend. He gets my REBL Award
(Richard E. Bradley---like) . Even
 though the 2012 Accrediation shaved
off some locks, he came out looking better
than ever. Thanks for all your support Phil!





This post is NOT about the bike, bicycling or childhood memories. It's about the niceGeorgia folks who have been friends, colleagues and supporters for the past six plus years. The "Retirement" pictures on this post will always remind me of super people who I will never forget. Dr. Phil, as in Hanes, has been one of the best fellows I have worked under. What a loyal hard working gentleman! I award him the Richard E. Bradley Like Award (REBL).  Another fellow who fits the criteria of the REBL is my golf mentor, Randy.
Coach Randy, a tough mentor
and tomato staker---:-)
Not only has he been a great clinician, teacher and friend but he is a super golf partner. The only hic up I had with coach Randy was,  his impatience with my golfing skills, especially my putting and hitting "The Green Stick" (7.5 degree driver). He often threatened to turn the Green Stick into a tomato stake.  Luckily I was able to escape Randy’s disparagement so the Green Stick reminds in my bag.  Although my goal was to break 85 at Jones Creek (JCGC) before I retired, I never made it before leaving Augusta. Now I need to retake a few lessons from Sean, the pro at Brown Deer Golf Club (home away from home). A highlight living in Augusta was my Saturday morning routine beating the white ball around with the guidance of my dental golf buddies: Randy, Steve, Travis, Mike and Mike, Bill, Harry, Dick, and Roger. When snow is on its way in Iowa, I hope to escape to Augusta and join the JCGC dental group, hoping to lower my score. I would be remiss not to mention some really wonderful departmental faculty and staff that gave me support throughout my tenure at MCG (GHSU and soon to be GRU). Keshia will forever be remembered as a favorite, being the first staff that stepped up to help me direct the residency program. What a loyal, hard working person! Ruth, with the same characteristics came on board after my first year and really did a great job helping with the multiple necessities of the program. In fact the program would not have improved without her. Gail  was a champ, dealing with my flack and growing into a MVP in my eyes. Other staff, and there are more than I will mention, were so helpful like Tonya (Dr. Shores), Kim, Annette, Regina, Sonia, Lisa, Brittany, Marlena, Bonnie, Chandra, Dora, Angela to name a few.

Super Stars---Thank you!


Thanks to all these staff and the departmental faculty including the Tar Heal Man, Dr. Pat; terrific smiler, Rany; 200 projects at a time, Kobi and Cristino; and my former Nebraska colleague, Nick. And, last but not least, residents Jack, Trisha, Darron, Aaron, Jabaum, Jamie, Sia, Chris, Brent, Nick, Yolanda, Danny, Josean, Yeritxa and Shahin. What a great group of periodontists! Next post I will write about the trip from Augusta to Coralville. It was quite a project finding room to unload my stuff.

Great Cake--- what I need for the 100 milers.      A compass! Thx Chris. Never lost???


No comments:

Post a Comment